Wednesday, February 01, 2006

can you still feel the butterflies?

Well, yes, I can. I am newly engaged and cannot be happier. Luckily my beautiful girlfriend Kim said yes, and now she's my fiance, which is still difficult to get used to after 6 years of saying girlfriend! There is so much to do, so it's going to be stressful, but definitely fun I think. We're going to check out a few places on my two days off-Sunday and Monday, and see what's available. We're thinking of a June 07 wedding, but have to see what's open and where. We think a wedding near the beach also. I can't really focus on much else right now because this is always going to be on my mind. It's so exciting!

In other news, if you don't know already, I am no longer teaching. In a few words to summarize from my point of view: worst profession ever for me. I truly do not know how people do it. That old saying about it taking a special person to teach is true. I didn't want to ruin my kids' year in learning because I knew by the time March came around, I would have been visibly unhappy to them, and they would have realized it. Too many negatives outweighed the positives, so I am glad I made my decision now, and not when I was 10 years into the job with a family to support. I still may go back to grad school, but have to really find what it is that I want to do for sure first. I don't want to waste any more time in school. Lots of things have crossed my mind, but I just need a chance to start somewhere better, and hopefully I'll like it and it will give me a chance to grow. Well right now, I'm focusing on the good in my life, so hopefully something will fall into place when I least expect it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home